In March 2015, the Pendleton Correctional Facility teamed up with the Animal Protection League to provide a cat sanctuary.
South Bend police are investigating the death of a driver whose car crashed into an apartment building as a homicide.
Planning by Wayne County health officials for a needle exchange program started in September, after a health emergency was declared by county health officer Dr. David Keller.
A weekend car crash northeast of Evansville has led to a death investigation after a body was discovered at the scene and the driver fled in a stolen car.
The Michigan Senator said transgender students should be able to use staff facilities or their own bathrooms only with parental consent, and that they should be barred from using bathrooms that don’t match their birth certificate.
National backlash to the law has been building as the American Civil Liberties Union and Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky sued the state, calling it unconstitutional.
The proposal calls for 80 percent of the department’s workforce to be hired in rank order based on performance scores, while the police chief would have the discretion to hire the remaining 20 percent.
The student claims she was targeted with a derogatory flyer for her activism in support of Palestine.
The water system at a western Indiana high school is among the dozens that have exceeded the limit.
The murder suspect is accused of killing Officer Perry Renn in 2014. He told a judge Friday he wasn’t getting along with his attorneys.
Gary Community School Corp. spokeswoman Charmella Greer says it appears that a small explosive device exploded Wednesday night at the school, shattering a window in a special education classroom.
In Indiana, a woman who does not give birth must go through an adoption process to be legally recognized as the child’s parent on their birth certificate.
24 cases of mumps were confirmed at Butler University, 18 at Indiana University in Bloomington and four each at Purdue University and IUPUI.
The USDA is asking the judge to reverse a decision that allowed Tim Stark of Wildlife in Need to keep his Animal Welfare Act license or to issue a new decision.
Kyle Parker is charged with murder, rape and kidnapping in the death of Shaylyn Ammerman, whose body was found last month after she was reported missing from her father’s home.
An employee at the child-care center told officers the girl was found unconscious in her car seat.
Superintendent Doug Carter fired Senior Trooper Brian Hamilton of Connersville for insubordination.
United Technologies has paid back more than $380,000 previously awarded to Carrier Corp. and United Technologies Electronic Controls of Huntington by the state.
The lawsuit says the law is unconstitutional and challenges several provisions. It seeks an injunction to pause the law’s enforcement.
The 278-mile rail line will stretch from Indiana to Wisconsin. It’s designed to relieve Chicago-area freight congestion.