FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Fort Wayne Fire Department crews are at Canterbury Green Apartments where they are working to put out a fire in one of the buildings.
Smoke was reported in a building in the 5200 block of Stonehedge Boulevard shortly before 8 a.m. and firefighters arrived a short time later. Smoke could be seen rising high from the building.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control by 9:30 a.m. Crews were working to put out hot spots after that.
No injuries were reported and everyone in the building was safely evacuated.
Officials at the scene said the fire left six units with heavy damage and several others with smoke damage. Firefighters cut holes in the roof of the building and opened up walls and ceilings to fight the fire.
It’s unclear what the source of the fire was and how it was sparked.