ELMHURST, Ill. – Fort Wayne’s Bryson Scott was honored for the second time this season as The Summit League’s Player of the Week.
Scott, the league’s leading scorer this season at 23.1 points/game, notched his 1,000th career point against IU-Kokomo last Thursday while also tallying 34 points versus Detroit Mercy and 31 against Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The Mastodons (6-3) emerged victorious in all three games.
BRYSON SCOTT, FORT WAYNE
Sr. // Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Garnered his third-career Player of the Week award
- Averaged 26.0 points/game on 54.3 percent shooting
- Went 20-of-22 from the charity stripe for the week
- Shot 40 percent from 3-point land (8-of-20)
- Three 30-point performances on the season
Also nominated: Javan White, Oral Roberts; Paul Miller, North Dakota St.; Joe Rosga, Denver; Zach Jackson, Neb.-Omaha; Nick Fuller, South Dakota; Kobe Webster, Western Ill.; Reed Tellinghuisen, South Dakota St.
Previous recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Nov. 20 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Nov. 27 – Tyson Ward, North Dakota State