Tour bus belonging to musical group catches fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A tour bus belonging to a classical trio vocal group, The Texas Tenors, caught fire behind the Embassy Theatre Friday.

The tour bus was driven into Fort Wayne at 7:30 a.m. ahead of the group’s Friday evening show at the Embassy. The Fort Wayne Fire Department told a NewsChannel 15 photographer that the bus caught fire 30 minutes after arriving.

The bus driver was the only person on the bus when it caught fire. Firefighters said that the entire bus was engulfed in flames and was under control within three hours.

The fire department indicated the fire was possibly caused by an electrical problem and that open windows contributed to the severity of the blaze.

The bus was at least a million dollar loss. Items lost inside the bus included a leather jacket belonging to one of the group’s members and computer bags.

The group is flying in for the show, which will go on at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Meanwhile, another bus is being sent to the group from Tennessee for their next tour destination in Elkhart.