FORT WAYNE, Ind. –
Who: No. 23 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When: Tuesday, Dec 6 | 9:00 PM ET
Where: Purcell Pavilion | Notre Dame, Ind.
All-Time Series: Notre Dame leads 4-0
Last Meeting: 12/17/12 – Notre Dame 74, Fort Wayne 62 – at Notre Dame
Video: WATCHND & WatchESPN
Play-by-Play: Zach Zaidman Color: LaPhonso Ellis
Radio: ESPN 1380 AM/100.9 FM
Play-by-Play: Brett Rump
Game Notes: PDF
- The ‘Dons received a vote in the latest AP and Coaches Top 25 Polls.
- Mo Evans recorded 11 steals against Austin Peay and 10 against Miami (Ohio). The last Mastodon to reach 10 or more assists in back-to-back games was Demetrius Johnson who had 10 against both North Dakota State and South Dakota State in 2008.
- The Mastodons’ 24 assists at Austin Peay marked the most against an NCAA Division I opponent since recording 24 against Chicago State on Feb. 8, 2011. They also had 27 against IUPUI the same season.
- Mo Evans has made a 3-pointer in each game this year.
- Bryson Scott has shot a combined 45-of-72 (62.5 percent) over the last six games.
- The ‘Dons have attempted 20 or more 3-pointers in eight of the nine games this year. The UMass Lowell game saw the ‘Dons take 14 3-pointer attempts.
- Fort Wayne has had five games with five or more ‘Dons in double-digits.
Scouting The No. 23 Fighting Irish
Notre Dame (8-0) is one of 11 undefeated teams in NCAA Division I. The squad is first in the nation in fewest turnovers per game (8.4) and second in free throw percentage (84.5). Tuesday’s contest will be the second in three days for Notre Dame. They defeated North Carolina A&T on Sunday 107-53.
Scouting The Mastodons
Fort Wayne (7-2) heads to South Bend on a six-game win streak. The Mastodons’ John Konchar enters the game averaging 13.2 points and 7.7 rebounds per game while shooting 62.9 percent from the floor. The ‘Dons are 1-14 all-time against teams ranked in the AP Top 25. The first victory came earlier this season vs. Indiana.
Last Time Out
Fort Wayne led wire-to-wire in an 87-71 win over Miami (Ohio) on Saturday. Bryson Scott scored 24 points and John Konchar grabbed 12 rebounds.
The ‘Dons welcome Austin Peay to town on Saturday (Dec. 10). Tip at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum is set for 2:30 p.m. The ‘Dons and Governors are playing a home-and-home series with Austin Peay this year. Fort Wayne defeated Austin Peay 103-99 on Nov. 30 in Clarksville, Tenn.
Ranking The ‘Dons
Fort Wayne moved up to No. 7 in the latest CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25 Poll. It is the highest ranking the ‘Dons have ever received on the poll in program history. In addition, the ‘Dons received a vote in the USA Today Coaches Poll released on Nov. 28.
In National Rankings…
Fort Wayne ranks seventh in the nation in steals (84), ninth in field goal percentage (50.9 percent), 10th in scoring (88.7), 20th in assists (143), 21st in 3-point field goal percentage (40.7 percent) and 24th in total rebounds (350).
1,000 For Mo
Mo Evans picked up his 1,000th career point vs. Kenyon. He is the 13th player in program history to reach the plateau. He now owns 1,128 career points and ranks seventh all-time in scoring at Fort Wayne.
Mo Rankings, No Problems
Mo Evans is seventh in the nation in total assists (57) and fourth in the country in total steals (24).