Panera at Jefferson Pointe evacuated due to potential gas leak

Fort Wayne firefighters were called to Panera at Jefferson Pointe after someone smelled gas. (Dec. 4, 2016)

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Several customers and employees were evacuated from the Panera Bread at Jefferson Pointe due to a potential gas leak.

Firefighters were called around 7:45 p.m. Sunday after the manager smelled gas. An evacuation of the building started a few minutes before.

A NewsChannel 15 producer said around ten customers were inside.

No injuries were reported.