FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The Harlem Globetrotters will bring their 2017 World Tour to Fort Wayne in January.
The high-flying Globetrotters will perform at the Memorial Coliseum on Monday, Jan. 2 at 2 p.m. Tickets for the performance are on sale now at harlemglobetrotters.com or at the Memorial Coliseum ticket office.
The performance comes as the Globetrotters broke a single-day total of nine Guinness World Records this year, including the longest basketball hook-shot. The Globetrotters now hold world records for:
- Longest basketball hook shot – Big Easy Lofton (72 feet, 6.25 inches)
- Longest basketball shot blindfolded – Ant Atkinson (73 feet, 10 inches)
- Most basketball 3-pointers in one minute (single ball) – Ant Atkinson and Cheese Chisholm (10 each)
- Farthest basketball shot made while sitting on the court – Thunder Law (58 feet, 9.25 inches)
- Most bounced basketball 3-pointers in one minute – Zeus McClurkin (5)
- Most basketball 3-pointers made by a pair in one minute – Ant Atkinson and Cheese Chisholm (22 each)
- Farthest basketball shot under-one-leg – Thunder Law (52 feet, 5.5 inches)
- Longest blindfolded basketball hook shot – Big Easy Lofton (58 feet, 2.5 inches)
- Most basketball slam dunks in one minute (individual) – Zeus McClurkin (16)
“We are the original trick shot artists, so it is great to reclaim our records and reestablish our dominance,” said Harlem Globetrotters star Big Easy Lofton. “We have been training hard so to have a day where we push the limits and try some fun yet challenging shots, is pretty cool. I mean, how many people can say they’re a Guinness World Records title holder? We can’t wait to put smiles on people’s faces as we demonstrate our skills and talents on the upcoming world tour.”
The Globetrotters’s 2017 World Tour begins Dec. 26. The team will play in more than 250 North American cities and 30 countries worldwide.