Fire involving gas meter erupts in alley

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department (FWFD) responded to a fire involving a gas meter which erupted in an alley.

Firefighters were dispatched to the alley behind a shopping complex at 120 E Rudisill Blvd. at approximately 12:40 p.m. Friday where they found a fire on the exterior of Rent-A-Center, involving the building’s gas meter, according to a press release from FWFD.

The fire was extinguished and the gas was shut off at the meter within 15 minutes. The fire did not extend into the building.

The Fort Wayne Police Department (FWPD), Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA), and Neighbohood Code Enforcement (NCE) assisted at the scene.