For the 38th year, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is inviting all friends and family for “merry, not scary” fun for Wild Zoo Halloween. The events began on Friday and will continue on certain days through the remainder of October.
The zoo just closed for the regular season on Sunday after welcoming 586,000 people over the past few months – that’s just 4,000 short of the all-time record. Zoo staff then all worked together to decorate the zoo grounds with thousands of pumpkins, a bunch of cobwebs, scarecrows, and much more. Attendees will have the chance to see Broomhilda The Witch, grab some candy trick-or-treating, and see the zoo animals. This event will be confined to primarily the Central Zoo and the Australian Adventure. Some animals are in for the season due to the cold nights, such as the alligators, but others will still be out during the Wild Zoo Halloween events, including the penguins, stingrays, and sea lions.
Just as in year’s past, the zoo will have special theme days for Wild Zoo Halloween:
- Saturday, October 15 – Princess Day
- Sunday, October 16 – Mascot Day
- Thursday, October 20 – Free train rides
- Friday, October 21 – Pumpkin Stomp & Chomp
- Saturday, October 22 – Local Hero Day
- Sunday, October 23 – Star Wars Day
- Thursday, October 27 – Cans For Conservation
- Friday, October 28 – Scavenger Hunt Day
- Saturday, October 29 & Sunday, October 30 – Truck & Tractor Weekend
- Monday, October 31 – Pumpkin Decorating
Kids and adults are invited to dress up for Wild Zoo Halloween! Tickets are $5 (or $9 for admission with treats). The zoo will be open October 14-16, 20-23, and 27-31 from 12-6pm (last admission at 5pm). For more information about the events or to buy tickets in advance, visit the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo website.