FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The Allen County Prosecutor’s Office said Friday it will not file charges against former City Clerk Sandy Kennedy, who resigned from the office in October after an undercover video was released that appeared to show her electioneering in the office.
Prosecutor Karen Richards told NewsChannel 15 in a brief statement on Friday that nothing Kennedy did when she allegedly planned campaign fundraisers and intimidated employees into contributing to then-Deputy City Clerk Angie Davis’ campaign warranted any criminal charges. Richards did not offer any other comment.
It was early October when an undercover video shot by former Fort Wayne Parking Enforcement Supervisor Colin Keeney surfaced that appeared to show Kennedy, City Clerk for more than 30 years, threaten city employees with termination if they failed to support Davis’ campaign. Kennedy had announced earlier that year she would retire at the end of her term.
Davis resigned from the office days later after another undercover video appeared to show her using a police database in the clerk’s office to research potential campaign donors. Mayor Tom Henry called Davis’ actions “inexcusable.”
Lana Keesling rose from the turmoil in the office to secure the office of City Clerk last November.
It’s not clear yet if the prosecutor is still looking into a case against Davis.