4th murder charge filed in quadruple homicide case

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The man who stands accused of the gruesome killings of three people and an unborn baby inside a south-side home early Sunday has had a fourth murder charge filed against him.

Marcus D. Dansby’s fourth murder charge, filed Wednesday by Allen County prosecutors, relates to the death of Dajahiona Arrington’s full-term baby. The 20-year-old Dansby is also charged with murder in the deaths of 37-year-old Consuela Arrington; 18-year-old Traeven Harris; and the 18-year-old Dajahiona Arrington; and attempted murder in the shooting and stabbing of 14-year-old Trinity Hairston, all of Fort Wayne.

Marcus Dansby, 20
Marcus Dansby, 20

The charges stem from an incident that unfolded around 4 a.m. Sunday inside a home at 3006 Holton Ave. There, police arrive to find the victims bodies stabbed and shot, and Dansby covered in blood, leaning over the couch, crying and asking for help, according to an affidavit. On him, police found a large blood-soaked knife with a broken handle, the affidavit said.

Police said that Dansby and Dajahiona Arrington had been in a relationship, but the pair had separated after the woman became pregnant with another man’s child. A family member told investigators that Dansby had not been at the Holton Avenue home in months.

Until Sunday, it would appear.

During an interview with police, Dansby immediately told an investigator, “I am still hearing gunshots,” and reportedly asked, “Did anyone survive?” according to the affidavit. Dansby denied the killings, and told police that he saw a man with a knife and had attempted to offer first-aid to Harris, Hairston, and Consuela Arrington. He said he had not tried to call 911 because he did not have a cell phone. When police found a cell phone on him, he said the cell phone belonged to Consuela Arrington, according to the affidavit.

A makeshift memorial has appeared in front of the Holton Avenue home where three people and an unborn baby were killed early Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016.
A makeshift memorial has appeared in front of the Holton Avenue home where three people and an unborn baby were killed early Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016.

Dansby had cuts on his left hand and initially told police he did know where the cuts came from. Later he remembered “his cat scratched him,” according to the affidavit.

Dansby is being held in the Allen County Jail without bond. In addition to the murder charges, he also faces a sentence enhancer for using a firearm in the commission of a violent offense.

NewsChannel 15 learned Wednesday that Hairston, who was critically hurt in the incident, remains in critical but stable condition at a local hospital. A family member said, though, that she has shown some movement and responses.

Comments are closed.