FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The first ever Middle Waves Music Festival is set to take place on Friday September 16 and Saturday September 17 at Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne and on Saturday during the Taste of the Arts Festival, organizers announced the full lineup.
The Flaming Lips will headline the festival and the following national acts will also perform. Check out YouTube videos of some of the acts at the bottom of this story: :
- Best Coast (pop-rock, Los Angeles CA)
- Doomtree (hip-hop, Minneapolis, MN)
- JEFF the Brotherhood (garage rock, Nashville, TN)
- Sidewalk Chalk (hip-hop, Chicago, IL)
- Bully (garage rock, Nashville, TN)
- Cave of Swords (indie rock, St. Louis, MO)
- The Ike Reilly Assassination (rock, Libertyville, IL)
- Oddisee (hip-hop, Washington, DC)
- Tanlines (electronic/pop, Brooklyn, NY)
Area acts featuring a wide variety of musical genres will also play the festival:
- Andromeda (hip-hop)
- The B-45’s (rock)
- The Be Colony (psychedelic rock)
- Either/Or (folk rock)
- Heaven’s Gateway Drugs (psychedelic rock)
- J-Tubbs (hip-hop)
- James & The Drifters (rock)
- The Legendary Trainhoppers (folk rock)
- Lost Lakes (rock)
- March On, Comrade (post-rock)
- The Meat Flowers (indie rock)
- Metavari (electronic)
- Night Is Electric (modern rock)
- Oferle (folk rock)
- The Orange Opera (rock)
- Sankofa (hip-hop)
- Secret Mezzanine (folk rock)
- Thunderhawk (indie rock)
- Void Reunion (indie rock)
Middle Waves’ three stages include the St. Marys Stage presented by Parkview, St. Joseph Stage and Maumee Stage. St. Marys Stage presented by Parkview is the festival’s “main stage” and will be located in the green space of Headwaters Park East, with the stage backed up to the St. Marys River. A ticket is required for entry into this gated section of the festival.
“Middle Waves is for everyone in this community. As we studied Des Moines, IA’s incredibly successful 80/35 Festival, we saw that it wasn’t just for millennials, it wasn’t just for ‘cool’ people—it was for the entire community. We believe Middle Waves will be home to incredible memories students, professionals, young families, boomers and more,’” said event co-chair, Matt Kelley.
In Headwaters Park West, attendees will find Maumee Stage in the natural amphitheatre area, while St. Joseph Stage will be located in the west pavilion. Headwaters Park West will be home to river activities, including free pontoon rides and short kayak trips. Headwaters Park’s main (east) pavilion will be home to The Village, including food and vendors, art experiences, pop-up performances and more.
Maumee Stage, St. Joseph Stage and The Village are free and open to the public.
Two-day, Friday-only and Saturday-only General Admission tickets are still available at MiddleWaves.com or at the ArtsTix Box Office, located at the Arts United Center. On Tuesday, August 30, ticket prices will go up to $35 for Friday, $50 for Saturday, or $75 for the two-day pass.
Beverages and refreshments will be available throughout the festival. Middle Waves is an all-ages festival; kids under 12 are admitted free with a paid adult.