Family safe after Hummingbird Cove house fire

HUNTERTOWN, Ind. (WANE) – A mother and two children are safe after a grease fire inside their home.

Firefighters were called to 12322 Hummingbird Cove shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday.

Crews needed about ten minutes to get the flames under control.

Officials said the three people inside were able to get out of the home before fire crews arrived. Firefighters were able to rescue and revive two cats. The cats were taken to an area animal hospital for evaluation.

hummingbird cove fire2The fire started in the kitchen and damage was limited to a small area inside the home.

Huntertown Fire, Northeast Fire and EMS and Washington Township Fire Department all assisted with the fire.

Comments are closed.