FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — A Fort Wayne man has been charged with child molesting after he went online to describe illegal sexual activities he’d taken part in with his two young daughters, according to authorities.
Court records show that the 28-year-old man has been charged with nine counts of child molesting, two counts of child exploitation and a count of vicarious sexual gratification, The (Fort Wayne) Journal Gazette (http://bit.ly/26Oj2Mh ) reported.
The man was arrested after he responded to an “advertisement” on a social media app Kik, which was posted by a detective with the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department who was working undercover as part of the IMPD-FBI Child Exploitation Task Force. He described sexual acts he’d performed on his sleeping daughters, who are 2 and 5, and sent photographs of his sleeping children in sexually explicit positions, court documents state.
Within hours on Friday, Fort Wayne police had been notified, obtained a search warrant and went to the man’s home.
The girls were examined at the Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Treatment Center. In interviews with police, they described sexual acts performed by their father and said their father told them not to tell anyone or he would get in trouble and other people would think the girls were “nasty,” according to court records.
The man is being held on $225,000 bail in the Allen County Jail. He’s not being named in order to protect the identity of his young daughters.
Information from: The Journal Gazette, http://www.journalgazette.net
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.