Crews battle chimney fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Firefighters responded to a chimney fire that was spreading to a home’s attic Thursday afternoon. A person inside was able to evacuate after a neighbor saw the fire.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire at 1922 Majestic Lane around noon. A crew first on the scene saw the fire spreading to the attic.

The fire was under control in 15 minutes and caused moderate fire damage and minor water and smoke damage on the house.

The fire is still under investigation.

Comments are closed.