FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Parody singer-songwriter “Weird Al” Yankovic will play at the Foellinger Theatre, according to the performer’s website.
Weird Al will bring his ‘Return of the Mandatory World Tour’ to Fort Wayne on June 26. Tickets will go on March 4.
The show was part of the theater’s full summer concert schedule announced by Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation officials on Tuesday, which features nationally acclaimed musicians such as Ringo Starr, Heart, Alice Cooper and The Monkees.
The summer series trumpeted by city officials includes the following shows:
- Heart on May 13
- Alice Cooper on May 19
- REO Speedwagon on May 27
- Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles on May 30
- The Monkees on June 7
- Styx on June 18
- Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band on June 21
- “Weird Al” Yankovic on June 23
- The Osmond Brothers on July 9
- Sounds of Touch on July 23
- The Little River Band on July 30
- The Stranger, Featuring Mike Santoro (Billy Joel Tribute) on Aug. 13
- Stayin’ Alive (Bee Gees Tribute Band) on Aug. 20
- Happy Together on Aug. 21
- Chicago on Aug. 23
Parks Director Al Moll said the lineup could grow, too.
“We anticipate announcing more concerts throughout the season and will update the foellingertheatre.org website as those concerts become available,” said Moll. “We appreciate our generous sponsors who help us keep our ticket prices low. And we thank Pacific Coast Concerts for continuing to bring exciting acts to our venue.”
Tickets for most shows go on sale Friday at 8 a.m. Tickets for the Heart, REO Speedwagon, The Monkees, Weird Al and Styx shows go on sale March 4. Tickets for Chicago and Happy Together go on sale April 1.
Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry touted the work of the parks staff to secure such recognizable acts.
“I continue to be impressed with the excellent work being done to provide our community and region with tremendous concerts at the Foellinger Theatre,” said Henry. “Fort Wayne continues to move in the right direction with a commitment to being a leader in developing quality of life amenities and activities for residents to enjoy.”
The city also announced the schedule of free movies that will be shown each Wednesday night over the summer.
- June 15 – Minions
- June 22 – Tomorrowland
- June 29 – Goosebumps
- July 6 – Sponge Bob: Sponge Out of Water
- July 13 – Hotel Transylvania 2
- July 20 – The Good Dinosaur
- July 27 – Inside Out
- Aug. 3 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens