Columbia City man electrocuted while working at school

File Photo.

FAIRMOUNT, Ind. (AP/WANE) – A coroner says an electrical company employee died after apparently being electrocuted at a Grant County high school.

Grant County Coroner Chris Butche says 44-year-old Arron Firestine of Columbia City was working on a heating and cooling unit’s electrical panel at Madison-Grant High School in Fairmount when he died Tuesday.

Butche tells The Muncie Star Press the cause of death is believed to be accidental electrocution but an official determination won’t be made until an autopsy is conducted.

An autopsy is scheduled at the Northeast Indiana Forensic Center in Fort Wayne.

Butche says Firestine checked in at the school shortly before 8 a.m. and was working in a somewhat secluded area. A school custodian found him about 9 a.m. and called 911.

 

Comments are closed.