If you need to sign up for the Toys for Tots or the Angel Tree program, you may do so in October.
The Marine Corps Toys for Tots program and the Salvation Army Angel Tree program serve children with demonstrated need between the ages of zero and age 14. Toys for Tots provides a new toy in time for Christmas, and Angel Tree provides clothing, shoes and coats for children. Types of toys and clothing are based on donations from the community. Registration is also available for food voucher and Adopt-A-Family programs.
The Salvation Army is doing the registration process on weekdays, October 6 to 9, according to last name, and October 12 to 16 as open dates. Please come to the Salvation Army (2901 North Clinton) to register between 9 and 11a.m. or 1 and 3p.m. on the day that corresponds to your last name or on one of the open days.
DATES: LAST NAME STARTING WITH:
October 6 A to F
October 7 G to M
October 8 N to R
October 9 S to Z
October 12 OPEN registration
October 13 OPEN registration
October 14 OPEN registration
October 15 OPEN registration
October 16 OPEN registration
Please bring the following information with you when you register:
- Photo ID (applicant)
- Social Security Card or ITIN Card for all members of the household
- Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18 (custody papers also are needed if applicant is not the birth parent)
- Proof of income for the entire house (employment, unemployment, SS/SSI/SSDI) Social Security for children may not be the only proof of income
- Zero Income: if an individual does not have earned income, bring a printout from the unemployment office, stating income for past 12 months
- Child Support proof if applicable. This may be obtained at the Allen County Clerk’s office.
- Proof of Assistance for the entire house (Food Stamps, TANF, Housing, etc) If there are bills that you do not pay, please provide proof of how payment is made
- Proof of expenses for the entire house (utility bills, lease, rent receipts, phone, cable, medical, etc)
- Clothing sizes for all children age zero to age 14 (for Angel Tree program)
For further questions, please contact the Salvation Army at 260-744-2311.