FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The Salvation Army and Toys for Tots will accept applications for their Christmas assistance programs Oct. 6-16.
Families who are interested in receiving assistance this holiday season through Angel Tree, Toys for Tots or Adopt A Family must apply in person at The Salvation Army office at 2901 N. Clinton St. daily from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
The legal guardian of the children can apply for assistance.
Days to apply are based on the last name of the family:
- Oct. 6 – applications for families whose last name begins with A-F
- Oct. 7 – applications for families whose last name begins with G-M
- Oct. 8 – applications for families whose last name begins with N-R
- Oct. 9 – applications for families whose last name begins with S-Z
- Oct. 12-16 – applications open to all families
Families seeking assistance should come prepared with the following information in order to receive assistance:
- Photo ID (head of household/applicant)
- Social Security card for each member of the household
- Original Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18
- Proof of all income and Proof of all expenses for the entire household
- If you have zero income, you must bring a printout from the unemployment office stating your income for the last 12 months. Proof of any assistance (how you pay rent) will also be required
- Single parent households must show proof of child support. Proof can be obtained at the Allen County Clerks Office regardless of payment status (even if you have never filed for support)
Anyone with questions regarding required documentation should contact The Salvation Army at (260) 744-2311. Information is also online at www.safortwayne.org.