FORT WAYNE, Ind (WANE) – Sunday, September 13 is the day to Visit Fort Wayne as a tourist. The annual program offers free admission to 12 Fort Wayne museums and attractions from noon to 5p.m. The idea behind the event is simple; learn more about what Fort Wayne offers so that residents can show it off to guests and visiting family and friends. If you are new to Fort Wayne, it’s an excellent way to acclimate to local art, history, architecture, science and entertainment. Pick up a printed passport booklet at Fort Wayne Kroger and Old National Bank locations, or download a one sheet passport here. One passport is good for admission for an entire party. To see a list of downtown parking click here.
The following venues are included in 2015:
- African-African/American Historical Museum
- Allen County Courthouse
- ArtLink Contemporary Gallery
- Cathedral Museum
- Embassy Theatre
- Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- The History Center
- Old Fort Wayne
- Parkview Field
- Science Central
- The Lincoln Tower (The Grand Historic Lobby will feature arts and cultural performances each hour. The Observation Deck will not be open this year)
- Visit Fort Wayne (Visitor’s Center)
This year is number 17 for the popular Be A Tourist in Your Own Hometown event. Last year a record over 30,000 visits were made to participating museums and attractions. For more information about Be A Tourist and the Visit Fort Wayne, go to VisitFortWayne.com.