Eight escape house fire uninjured

Firefighters responded to this home at 5025 Devonshire on Friday morning.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The American Red Cross has been called to help a family that’s home caught on fire Friday morning.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to 5925 Devonshire Rd. around 9 a.m. Firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke at the back of the house. It was under control in 16 minutes.

While making breakfast, someone walked away from the stove, and when they came back there was a fire. All eight people in the home were able to get out. None of them were injured.

The house suffered heavy fire, water and smoke damage. It’s not known if there was a working smoke detector.

The fire is still under investigation.

Comments are closed.