FWFD saves 3 cats from kitchen fire

File Photo

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Fort Wayne firefighters were able to safely extinguish a kitchen fire and save three cats.

Firefighters were called to 4737 Bowser Avenue around 8 p.m. Wednesday.

The first arriving crews found heavy smoke coming from the home’s doors and windows. Two people inside were able to get out safely.

Firefighters provided oxygen to the cats until Animal Care and Control arrived to further help the animals.

Investigators determine the fire started due to unattended cooking.

Crews needed six minutes to get the fire under control.

A department report stated the home sustained moderate fire, smoke and water damage.

Comments are closed.