Firefighter rescues cat from burning house

The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a fire at Summerset Place on Friday May 15, 2015.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) A family’s beloved furry friend was rescued by a firefighter after their home caught on fire.

At 4:58 p.m. the Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to 8515 Summerset Place in the Millstone neighborhood, just south of Wallen Road.

An adult reported the fire after opening the garage and seeing flames. The adult was able to get the child home at the time and a cat out of the house, leaving a second cat inside.

A firefighter said the fire grew quickly, but they were able to get the second cat out too.

The firefighter also said the humidity in the air makes it harder to extinguish the flames.

There were no reported injuries.

It’s not clear what started the fire.

 

 

Comments are closed.