SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — While much of the investigation into the fire on Jay Street has been bad news, one instance has brought hope for some of those affected by the fire.
“There was a dog that was seen by police officers and firemen, that had his head poking out a window,” said Sgt. Matt Dearing of the Schenectady Police.
Named after the king of the gods himself, it was Zeus who survived the flames and eight days inside the shell of the building on Jay Street. It only took a slice of pizza to coax him out of the building.
Zeus’ owner Stacy Lydon said she was shocked to hear that her dog was found in such good condition.
“There weren’t even words for what went through my head,” she said.
Police contacted Lydon through a Facebook group and website dedicated to finding the missing pets lost in the fire.
Staci hopes the story of Zeus gives others reason to go on.
“Never give up hope, never,” she said.