FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – An employee has been taken to a burn unit after an accident at a metal factory in Fort Wayne on Wednesday morning.
According to officials with the New Haven Fire Department, emergency crews were called to QuikCut Metal Fabrication at 4630 Allen Martin Drive after 11:30 a.m. The fire started when a worker was mixing paint and a spark ignited the vapors.
Employees were evacuated and New Haven and Adams Township Fire Departments took care of the fire.
Officials confirmed that the employee that was mixing paint was taken to a hospital burn unit but did not clarify his condition. All the other employees in the building evacuated without injury.
A firefighter was also taken to the hospital for observation after slipping on some ice and hurting his back