Fire displaces woman a month after moving in

Fire on Summit Street.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – An electrical fire has displaced a woman just a month after she moved in. According to the Fort Wayne Fire Department, crews were called to the home on Summit Street at about 8:13 p.m. on Monday. It took them 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

The fire started in the attic and, due to the insulation, it took crews some extra time to ensure everything was under control. The fire department believes the fire was electrical and accidental.

All seven people in the home at the time of the fire, three adults and four children, self evacuated. No one was injured.

According to family members NewsChannel 15 spoke to on Tuesday, the woman who moved into the home a month ago does not have a place to stay. Luckily however, it appears that everything in the home is salvageable, despite the permeating smell of smoke.

 

Comments are closed.