FORT WAYNE, Ind (WANE) – The U.S. Postal wants to make sure your holiday packages get to their destination in time for the holidays – so don’t be surprised if you see some postal vehicles in your neighborhood on Sunday!
The post office will be delivering packages seven-days a week until Christmas and some Post Offices will be open on Sunday, December 21 from noon to 4 p.m.
In Fort Wayne, the Fort Wayne Main Office at 1501 S Clinton St. and the Centennial location at 2525 Independence Dr. will be open on Sunday.
“Everyone relies on us to get their packages home for the holidays and we take great pride in taking on that responsibility,” said Greater Indiana District Manager Larry Diegel. “We’re prepared to do whatever it takes to deliver for our customers.”
The following is the full list of Post Office locations that will be open from noon to 4 p.m. on Dec. 21:
- Indianapolis Stations: Bacon, Wanamaker, Oaklandon, Castleton, Eagle Creek, Nora, Park Fletcher, Southport and New Augusta.
- Outside Marion County: Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Westfield, Anderson, West Lafayette, Fishers, Lafayette, Columbus, Madison, Greenwood, Muncie and Richmond.
- Northwest area: Valparaiso and Merrillville.
- Southern Indiana: Bloomington, Woodbridge, Terre Haute Main Office, Terre Haute Rose, Bedford, Brazil and Clear Creek.
- Fort Wayne area: Fort Wayne Main Office and Centennial.
- South Bend area: South Bend Main Office, Edison Park, Elkhart, Chippewa, Mishawaka, Marion and Kokomo.