Court docs: Shooter mad over stolen money, ‘he said, she said stuff’

Mug shot of Anthony Jackson Jr. provided by the Allen County Sheriff's Dept.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A shooting that left one man critically wounded and another with a gunshot wound to the buttocks was apparently over money and a girl, according to the affidavit for probable cause.

Police have charged 21-year-old Anthony Jackson Jr. with aggravated battery and burglary in connection to the shooting that left Jared Hornsby-Garcia in critical condition. Jackson was treated for his gunshot wound to the buttocks and released.

Police got a call about the shooting at about 1 a.m. on Tuesday but didn’t get detailed information from the caller, who said his friend had been shot. The caller ended up taking the shooting victim, Jared Hornsby-Garcia, to the emergency room where he was listed in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the head. Meanwhile, police were able to find the location of the shooting after pinging the cell phone on which the initial 911 call was made.

Police found blood on the door when they arrived at the apartment in the 1300 block of Goshen Avenue. Once they made their way into the apartment they found even more blood, according to city police spokesman Officer Jeremy Webb.

In the hospital, Hornsby-Garcia told police that he did know the man who shot him, that it was ‘Tony Jackson.’ Police soon learned that Anthony ‘Tony’ Jackson was also at the hospital with an injury. Jackson was arrested and taken to the police station for an interview.

At the station, more than six hours after the shooting, Jackson admitted to police that he had confronted Hornsby-Garcia on Monday before coming back again in the early morning hours on Tuesday. According to the affidavit of probable cause, Jackson said he went into the apartment, got shot at by someone, so he started to shoot back and run away. Jackson told police that Jared and another man had stolen $1000 from him and that they were fighting over some “he said, she said stuff with a girl.”

Jackson told police what he did with the gun and the ammo and gave officers consent to search his home.

Comments are closed.