Electrical accident sparks house fire

Two adults and two children weren't hurt in a house fire on Brandriff Street Sunday.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – An electrical issue with a fish tank started a fire at a home early Sunday morning, according to the Fort Wayne Fire Department.

Two adults, two kids and two cats were inside the home when the fire started, but were not injured, the Fire Department said. A firefighter had to get stitches after a minor injury.

Fire crews were called to 334 Brandriff Street, just east of Hoagland Avenue, at 1:46 a.m. Due to moderate smoke damage caused by the fire, the American Red Cross is helping the family. Firefighters got the fire under control in 17 minutes.

Investigators found a smoke detector in the home but said it wasn’t functional.

 

 

Comments are closed.