FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Trick-or-treating will take place between 6 pm and 8 pm on Halloween night in the City of Fort Wayne. Ghosts and goblins are hoping 2014 is not a repeat of 2013 where the weather forecast called for heavy winds and thunderstorms, leading to talk of postponing trick-or-treating.
Photo Gallery | Viewer photos from Halloween 2014
The Fort Wayne Police Department advises trick-or-treaters to only visit homes that have an outside light or porch light turned on and the following safety rules should be followed:
• Do not wear costumes that obscure your vision;
• Wear reflective clothing, or light colored clothing to make you more visible to motorists;
• Travel in groups composed of at least one adult;
• Have a pre-planned route;
• Only cross streets at the crosswalks;
• Visit familiar homes, and do not enter a stranger’s home;
• Be prepared for adverse weather;
• Refrain from consuming any treats until inspected by an adult.