FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Seventeen Blue Star Banners will be soon be installed along West Jefferson Boulevard to honor deployed service members from Fort Wayne.
The Blue Star Banner program started in May and recognizes City of Fort Wayne residents and City government employees who are actively deployed.
The 17 banners will be in honor of the following service members:
- Second Lieutenant Ross E. Allen, United States Marine Corps
- Lance Corporal Daishaun T. Butler, United States Marine Corps
- Petty Officer Third Class Katelyn E. Butler, United States Navy
- Master Sergeant Jeffrey Alan Hite, United States Air Force
- Specialist Blakeley Hollinger, United States Army
- Specialist Nolan Michalski, United States Army
- Corporal Andrew Mruk, United States Army
- Second Lieutenant Miles North, United States Army
- Private First Class Brandon M. Parrish, United States Navy
- Specialist Christopher Russell, United States Army
- Specialist Adrian J. Sewell, United States Army
- Specialist Jarone Shaw, United States Army
- Sergeant T.J. Stotlar, United States Army
- Airman First Class Eric J. Stuckey, United States Air Force
- Major Jeffrey I. Studebaker, United States Marine Corps
- Specialist Dalton R. Warren, United States Army
- Sergeant N. Alex Wooten, United States Army
When a service member returns home, the banner is taken down and presented to the individual. The banners are on display from April- November and then are taken down during the winter. When the program began, 16 banners were installed.
Friends and family members of anyone who is currently deployed is encouraged to fill out an application with the city to have a Blue Star banner made for your loved one.