SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman who nearly died after unknowingly drinking iced tea mixed with chemicals has been released from a Salt Lake City hospital.
University of Utah Health Care spokeswoman Marissa Villasenor confirmed Sunday that 67-year-old Jan Harding was released Saturday morning.
Harding has been slowly improving since Aug. 10, when she drank a single sip of sweetened iced tea at Dickey’s Barbecue in South Jordan, a Salt Lake City suburb.
Family attorney Paxton Guymon has said an industrial cleaning solution mixed into the tea caused deep, ulcerated burns in Harding’s esophagus.
Authorities have said a restaurant employee unintentionally put the heavy-duty cleaner in a sugar bag, and a worker later mistakenly mixed it into the iced tea dispenser.
Salt Lake County prosecutors have not announced whether charges will be filed.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.