FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) A brand new McDonald’s opened for business Wednesday morning on West Jefferson Blvd. in Fort Wayne near Time Corners. The new restaurant sits on the site of a previous McDonald’s that was torn down earlier this year as part of the fast food chain’s efforts to upgrade older eateries.
The store features a new look, wifi for guests and menu boards with digital graphics that McDonald’s claims will simplify the ordering process. There’s also a dual-lane drive thru and what’s called a “Dual Point of Service” system that shows customers when their order is ready.
McDonald’s is offering Grand Re-Opening specials from August 7 through September 7:
- Sunday $1 Any Size McCafé® Iced Coffee
- Monday Free Quarter Pounder® with Cheese with purchase of one of equal or greater value
- Tuesday Free Big Mac® with purchase of one of equal or greater value
- Wednesday Free Happy Meal® with purchase of one Extra Value Meal®
- Thursday Free Small Fries and Small Soft Drink with purchase of a Bacon Clubhouse Burger or Chicken Sandwich
- Friday Free Sausage McMuffin® with Egg Sandwich with purchase of one of equal or greater value
- Saturday Free Hotcakes with purchase of one of equal or greater value (Hotcakes only)