FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Many students will be back in school in August, and there are steps parents can take to ensure good health in their children.
Emily Hurst, nurse practitioner, said there are many things parents can do to make sure kids are healthy for the school year.
Here are the following steps she says ensure good health.
- Determine if needs your physical before the new school year
- Check to make sure your child is up to date on vaccine requirements by the state
- Consult with your child’s school or school nurse about prescription and over the counter medicine he or she can bring in a backpack
- Discuss good hygiene with your child
- Remind your student about the importance of sunscreen