MADISON, Ind. (WANE) Seven people were arrested at the Madison Regatta in Southern Indiana this past Thursday through Saturday.
Excise officers said they arrested five minors and three adults on theft, illegal possession or consumption of alcohol, furnishing alcohol to a minor, resisting law enforcement and possession of untaxed alcoholic beverages.
The Indiana State Excise Police released these names along with the reason they were arrested:
- Joshua L. Mahoney, 19, of Madison, was arrested for theft and illegal consumption of alcohol after they saw him steal a bag of ice from a package liquor store.
- Jacob D. Marshall, 20, of Madison, and a 17-year-old were arrested for theft of various items at Walmart.
- Cody Crabtree, 25, of Madison, was preliminary charged with possession of untaxed alcoholic beverages.
- Cory M. O’Neal, 19, of Lexington, was arrested for illegal consumption of alcohol.
- Nicholas J. Bohman, 22, of Hanover, was arrested and preliminary charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor and resisting law enforcement.
- A Dupont 17-year-old was arrested for illegal possession/consumption of alcohol and released to a parent.
- A 17-year-old from North Vernon was also issued a warning for illegal possession of alcohol.
Excise police are the enforcement division of the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission. Their job is to promote public safety by enforcing Indiana’s Alcoholic Beverage Code. While excise officers have the authority to enforce any state law, they focus on alcohol, tobacco and related laws.