Boy’s death consistent with CO poisoning

File Photo
File Photo

SYRACUSE, Ind. (WANE) An autopsy conducted on the body of a 12-year-old boy found dead inside a Syracuse, Indiana home on Saturday afternoon has concluded that his death was consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning, however authorities are waiting for toxicology tests to be completed before they make a final determination.

Two gas powered generators were running inside the home where Skyler Spore was found after emergency personnel got a call regarding a child not breathing and they appear to be the source of carbon monoxide found in the home located at 202 W. Washington Street.

Skyler’s parents and a sibling were home at the time of his death.

The Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office, the Department of Child Services and the Kosciusko County Major Crimes Task Force are all involved in the investigation.

The toxicology tests could take weeks to complete.

WANE.com provides commenting on many stories to allow for constructive discussion. In order to comment, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions. Anyone violating these terms, including the use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinion of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, flag it so our moderators can review.

blog comments powered by Disqus