Boy dies in Syracuse home

File Photo
File Photo

SYRACUSE, Ind. (WANE) – The Syracuse Police Department is investigating the death of a 12-year-old boy. He died inside his home Saturday afternoon.

Police said officers were called to 202 West Washington Street at 3:47 p.m. on a report of the child not breathing. Paramedics pronounced Skyler Spore dead inside the home. The boy’s parents, Darrick Spore and Candy Chamness, and another sibling were all home at the time.

Investigators said at the time of death two gas-powered generators were also running inside the house. It’s not clear yet if they played a role in the boy’s death.

Police, the Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office, the Department of Child Services and the Kosciusko Major Crimes Task Force are conducting an investigation. provides commenting on many stories to allow for constructive discussion. In order to comment, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions. Anyone violating these terms, including the use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinion of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, flag it so our moderators can review.

blog comments powered by Disqus