FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Missed the famous “Garbage” from Cindy’s Diner? Have no fear, the diner plans to open July 5. Get ready for potatoes, eggs, ham, and cheese deliciousness.
The diner’s hours at it’s new location at Berry and Maiden Lane will be the same as before, from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Photo Gallery | Cindy’s Diner
The diner was at the corner of Harrison and Wayne Street for 24 years until it was moved to its current location. This is the fourth time the diner has moved in its 62 years of Fort Wayne history.
When Cindy’s opened in 1952, it was at the corner of Jefferson and Clinton Street. Then in 1966 it was relocated to Clay and Berry. In 1990, it set up shop at Harrison and Wayne where it was for more than two decades before its 2014 move to Berry and Maiden Lane.
The diner moved as part of the Ash Brokerage, Hanning & Bean project, a $98 million downtown development project. The project will include new headquarters for Ash Brokerage as well as more office, residential and retail space. A large parking garage is also included in the project.