BLUFFTON, Ind. (WANE) Emergency crews have respond to a chlorine leak at a waste water treatment plant in Bluffton on Friday morning.
According to Bluffton Mayor Ted Ellis, employees smelled a strong chlorine odor when they arrived to work at the facility at 702 West Main Street. The Bluffton Fire Department was called in around 8 a.m. and the employees evacuated.
Fire Chief Broderick sent a release after 10 a.m. stating the chlorine leak was small and that drinking water in the area was safe. Broderick said no other evacuations will be needed.
A hazmat team worked on the situation and the fire department announced that the leak was secured before noon. Fire crews planned to stay on the scene for a short time to work with employees, according to the announcement.