HUNTINGTON COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) Numerous slide offs and crashes on southbound I-69 at the 270 mile marker caused police to shut down the road for over an hour on Tuesday.
Indiana State Police alerted media to the closure of southbound I-69 at the 270 mile marker around 10: 30 a.m. on Tuesday. At about noon, it was re-opened. However, a NewsChannel 15 photographer on I-69 said traffic was still backed up.
Drive Safely, Check the Roads
Make sure to adjust your driving and your speed according to the driving conditions. Slow down and increase the distance between your car and those in front of you. Approach all intersections carefully in case other drivers slide through red lights.
Do NOT call law enforcement for road and weather updates. INDOT has several ways for drivers to check conditions before they head out on the road:
- Visit http://www.trafficwise.in.gov.
- Call toll-free: 800-261-ROAD (7623) for INDOT’s TrafficWise Traveler Information Service.
- Visit Indiana Department of Transportation: Northeast Facebook.
- Follow @INDOTNortheast on Twitter.
- See also | WANE’s Traffic Tracker.
Ohio Residents can stay on top of traffic at the following site: