FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The Las Lomas restaurant located at 2202 Fairfield Avenue was closed by the Fort Wayne – Allen County Department of Health on March 7 because of cockroaches. The restaurant was given the all-clear to reopen on March 8.
It was the 16th restaurant closed by the health department in 2014. One restaurant has been closed twice. Most, but not all of the restaurant closures have been because pest issues.
Health department officials say many of the closures have been complaint driven. If patrons see a potential health issue at a restaurant they should call (260) 449-7562. They can also fill out a complaint form online.
The following is a list of the Allen County restaurant closures in 2014:
- Tilted Kilt of Fort Wayne – closed 1/25/14 due to extended interruption in hot water service.
- Golden Wok – closed 1/29/14 due to no water service at facility.
- The Mandarin – closed 1/29/14 due to cockroaches.
- Red Rok Saloon – closed 2/6/14 due to rodents.
- Apollo Coventry Cinemas – closed 2/11/14 due to rodents.
- Atz’s Ice Cream – Tillman location– closed 1/27/14 due to rodents.
- Atz’s Ice Cream – North Anthony location – closed 2/17/14 due to cockroaches.
- Naked TChopstix – closed 2/18/14 due to cockroaches.
- Lakeside Cafe – closed 2/19/14 due to cockroaches.
- Pizza by Vito’s –closed 2/20/14 due to cockroaches.
- The Rib Room – closed 2/24/14 due to cockroaches.
- Asakusa Japanese Restaurant – closed 02/24/14 due to cockroaches.
- The Mandarin – closed 2/25/14 due to cockroaches.
- Dicky’s Wild Hare – closed 2/25/14 due to cockroaches.
- China Garden on South Anthony Blvd – closed 2/26/14 due to pests
- Teppanyaki Grill on Coliseum Blvd – closed 3/4/14 due to pests
- Las Lomas on Fairfield Avenue – closed on 3/7/14 due to pests
The Food and Consumer Protection page of the Fort Wayne – Allen County Health Department’s website has a complete listing of inspection results.