FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE)- The Fort Wayne Police Department announced Friday it is actively seeking qualified candidates for a future academy class in 2015.
The application process will start on Saturday, March 15, 2014 and run through Tuesday, May 1, 2014.
Basic requirements listed by FWPD are below:
- Pre-Employment Physical Fitness Test
- Sit-ups: 25 or more (in one minute or less)
- Push-ups: 21 or more (“male-style” without stopping )
- Vertical jump: 14″ or higher (three attempts allowed)
- 300 Meter Run: 82 seconds (or less)
- 1 1/2 Mile Run: 17 minutes and 30 seconds (or less)
(Physical Standards increase prior to exit of the Basic Recruit Class)
- 21-35 years of age at the time of appointment.
- U.S. Citizen.
- High school diploma, the equivalent, or a G.E.D.; education beyond high school preferred.
- Correctable vision to 20-30 in each eye.
- Physically and mentally able to perform essential job functions of the patrol officer position.
- Good moral character and free of any convictions involving felonious criminal activity or domestic battery.
- Meet residency requirements consistent with Indiana statute (live in Allen County or adjacent Indiana county).
- Indiana motor vehicle operator’s license required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to serve others.
Drug Use Policy
- No marijuana use within 3 years;
- No other illegal drug use (including anabolic steroids) within 10 years;
- Never sold, distributed, manufactured or transported any illegal drug; and
- Never used a prescription drug or legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within 3 years.