Chimney fire damages Bluffton Road home

Fire crews extinguished a chimney fire at a home on Bluffton Road Friday morning.
Fire crews extinguished a chimney fire at a home on Bluffton Road Friday morning.

YODER, Ind. (WANE) – A chimney fire damaged a home on Bluffton Road early Friday morning.

Around 1:15 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a home in the 17000 block of Bluffton Road, about a half-mile southeast of Yoder.

Fire investigators said flames moved through the chimney and when crews first arrived fire was through the roof. Firefighters attacked the flames from inside the house and had the fire out in about ten minutes.

Everyone inside the home made it out safely.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

The Southwest Fire Department, Poe Fire Department, and Allen County Sheriff’s Department assisted at the scene.

blog comments powered by Disqus