FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The Teppanyaki Grill at 285 E. Coliseum Boulevard has joined the list of restaurants shut down by the Fort Wayne-Allen County Health Department in 2014.
The restaurant was shut down by the health department due to a “pest issue” on Tuesday, March 4. The Health Department approved its re-opening on Wednesday, March 5.
With Teppanyaki Grill’s closure taken into account, there have now been 16 closures involving 15 restaurants in 2014. Most of these closures have been due to pests, but not all. See the list at the end of this article to see all the closures for 2014.
Inspections and complaints
If you see something out of place at a restaurant, health officials ask you to let them know. File a complaint by calling their office at (260) 449-7562 or fill one out online here.
Go to the Food and Consumer Protection page of the Fort Wayne-Allen County Health Department website to see inspection results and for more information on food-related complaints.
2014 Health Department restaurant closures
- Tilted Kilt of Fort Wayne – closed 1/25/14 due to extended interruption in hot water service.
- Golden Wok – closed 1/29/14 due to no water service at facility.
- The Mandarin – closed 1/29/14 due to cockroaches.
- Red Rok Saloon – closed 2/6/14 due to rodents.
- Apollo Coventry Cinemas – closed 2/11/14 due to rodents.
- Atz’s Ice Cream – Tillman location– closed 1/27/14 due to rodents.
- Atz’s Ice Cream – North Anthony location – closed 2/17/14 due to cockroaches.
- Naked TChopstix – closed 2/18/14 due to cockroaches.
- Lakeside Cafe – closed 2/19/14 due to cockroaches.
- Pizza by Vito’s –closed 2/20/14 due to cockroaches.
- The Rib Room – closed 2/24/14 due to cockroaches.
- Asakusa Japanese Restaurant – closed 02/24/14 due to cockroaches.
- The Mandarin – closed 2/25/14 due to cockroaches.
- Dicky’s Wild Hare – closed 2/25/14 due to cockroaches.
- China Garden on South Anthony Blvd – closed 2/26/14 due to pests
- Teppanyaki Grill on Coliseum Blvd – closed 3/4/14 due to pests