FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – The 19th annual Doctor’s Day was held at Science Central on Saturday. The event featured more than 30 health-related booths, plus demonstrations and a tour of the Lutheran Air and Parkview Samaritan helicopters.
The event is hosted by the Fort Wayne Medical Society Alliance, which aims to educate children in the science of medicine, while also providing information to help them and their families to be healthier.
Activities at the event included:
- Medical demonstrations in the Lincoln Financial Foundation Theater
- Teddy Bear Care Clinic sponsored by Lutheran Children’s Hospital
- Learn about germs with a microscope from Parkview Health Laboratories
- Visit with doctors and nurses, dieticians, and other health care professionals to learn about careers in medicine and general health issues
- IU Medical School-FW students share brain, lung , and heart specimens
- See an ambulance and talk with medical staff
- Tours of the Parkview Samaritan and Lutheran Air helicopters and talk with staff
- Have a removable finger cast made at the orthopedic booth
There were also drawings for food bags and raffle prizes.
Admission was free.