Child playing with lighter sparks house fire

File Photo
File Photo

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE)  It took crews less than ten minutes to put out a house fire in the 4000 block of Warsaw Monday evening. When firefighters got to the scene a little after 8:00 they found light smoke showing from the front door of the two-story home. Two adults and three children all got out safely on their own.

The fire was found in a bedroom closet on the second floor. Officials say it started when a child was playing with a lighter.

One firefighter received minor injuries but was not taken to a hospital.

WANE.com provides commenting on many stories to allow for constructive discussion. In order to comment, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions. Anyone violating these terms, including the use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinion of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, flag it so our moderators can review.

blog comments powered by Disqus