FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Drivers in northeast Indiana should be prepared for a messy evening commute with heavy snow, reduced visibility on the roads and some blowing and/or drifting snow as winds pick up. Areas south of Fort Wayne will likely see periods of snow mixing with sleet.
Make sure to check the Live Doppler 15 Fury Forecast for up-to-date information on the forecast and conditions
Drive Safely, Check the Roads
Make sure to adjust your driving and your speed according to the driving conditions. Slow down and increase the distance between your car and those in front of you. Approach all intersections carefully in case other drivers slide through red lights.
Do NOT call law enforcement for road and weather updates. INDOT has several ways for drivers to check conditions before they head out on the road:
- Visit http://www.trafficwise.in.gov.
- Call toll-free: 800-261-ROAD (7623) for INDOT’s TrafficWise Traveler Information Service.
- Visit Indiana Department of Transportation: Northeast Facebook.
- Follow @INDOTNortheast on Twitter.
- See also | WANE’s Traffic Tracker.
Ohio Residents can stay on top of traffic at the following site:
- Stay up-to-date on the forecast with with the Live Doppler 15 Fury Forecast.
- Check out WANE’s Live Doppler 15 Fury Radar Interactive Radar.
- Weather Alerts for northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio.
For the complete, up-to-date list of Indiana travel advisories, go to the Indiana Department of Homeland Security’s web site.
Ohio residents can stay up-to-date on conditions in their state on the Ohio Department of Transportation site. Ohioans may also want to check their county’s Sheriff’s Department’s Facebook page as updates are also sometimes posted there: