DECATUR, Ind. (WANE) – After getting a Crime Stoppers tip about seven weeks prior, Indiana State Police arrested two people for a marijuana growing operation in their Decatur home.
According to Sergeant Dan Mawhorr, officials received a tip about people growing pot at a home at 421 Johns Street in Decatur.
On Friday morning, officers served a search warrant at the home and seized more than 40 marijuana plants, processed pot, and equipment that’s commonly used to grow marijuana.
Police arrested Marc A. Hill, 33, and Haven J. Proctor, 32, at the home.
Hill faces the following charges:
- Financing the delivery of marijuana within 1,000 feet of Youth Program Center, a class C felony
- Possession of more than 30 grams of marijuana, a class D felony
- Maintaining a common nuisance, a class D felony
- Possession of paraphernalia, a class A misdemeanor
Proctor faces the following charges:
- Possession of marijuana over 30 grams, a class D felony
- Visiting a common nuisance, a class A misdemeanor
Hill and Proctor were taken to the Adams County Jail on Friday.
You can call in tips anonymously to Crime Stoppers at any time at 436-STOP or 1-800-237-STOP. Police said cash rewards up to $1,000 are distributed to the unnamed caller who offers information leading to an arrest.