Second teen injured in parasailing crash released from hospital

Alexis Fairchild (left) and Sidney Good (right) were injured in a parasailing accident in Florida on July 1.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WANE)  After spending over a month in three hospitals following a parasailing accident in Florida, an Indiana teen is able to return home with her family.

Sidney Good was released from the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana (RHI) on Tuesday. She will continue outpatient therapies and will have frequent contact with doctors.

Alexis Fairchild, who was injured in the same accident was released from the hospital and able to return home a week before Good’s release.

Good’s family sent the following update on Tuesday:

With more than 37 days being spent in hospitals in Florida and Indiana, we are finally able to take our daughter home. Today Sidney is being released from Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana (RHI) to return home where she will continue to recover from her injuries. She will need to continue therapies as an outpatient and will have frequent follow ups with her doctors going forward, but she will be home.

We are in a much better place with Sidney now than we were a month ago. Her recovery has been nothing short of a miracle. We thank God, the talented doctors and nurses as well as the therapists for her amazing progress.

We would also like to thank everyone at home and around the country for all the prayers and support during these difficult weeks.

Amy and Eric Good

Parasailing accident in Florida

Good and Fairchild, were parasailing in high winds on Monday, July 1 when the rope apparently broke from the boat, sending the girls flying out of control. Cell phone video shows the two hitting a balcony on a condo and careening over another building before crashing into an SUV in a parking lot.

Both underwent brain surgery on the night of the accident. Good continued to suffer brain trauma that prevented doctors from working on her broken neck for several days .

Fairchild underwent an additional surgery on her head and back two days after the accident. She was able to walk with the assistance of a walker the following day.

A week after the initial crash, Good was stable enough for doctor’s to repair her neck injury. She was also removed from her ventilator and breathing on her own.

Over a week after being hospitalized, Fairchild was able to travel to her home state of Indiana on Thursday, July 11. She was admitted to the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana (RHI) for her next phase of recovery. Fairchild was released from RHI two weeks later to undergo a second brain surgery at IU Health Methodist hospital. This surgery was to treat a complication from the emergency surgery she had at the time of her injury.

Fairchild was welcomed home on July 30.

Good remained in Florida until July 14, when she was flown to Indiana University Health in Indianapolis. She was able to transfer to the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana on July 23.

From the family:
A benefit fund has been established to help with medical expenses at PNC Bank.  You can deposit into the Good & Fairchild Benefit fund at any PNC Branch, or give online at:

Comments are closed.